If you want to create a private blog these are the steps you should follow these steps :
1. Create a blog : Login at Blogger.com and click 'Create a Blog' link on the top of your Dashboard. Follow the steps to fill in the title, URL and choosing a template. Finish by making a dummy post.
2. Remove Blog from Blogger.com : Click on Settings on Dashboard and then on the Basic subtab scroll down to 'Add your Blog to our listings?' . Choose 'No' from the box and save.
3. Shut of Your Blog Feeds : Click on Settings on Dashboard. Then click on the Site Feed subtab. In 'Allow Blog Feeds' option select : None. Click on 'Advanced Feeds' option and select None for 'Blog Comment Feed' and for 'Per-Post Comment Feeds'. Save Settings.
4. Send out Permissions : Click on Settings on Dashboard and then click on Permissions subtab. In the Blog Readers section click on 'Only People I Choose'. Type in the email addresses if any of the people you wish to invite as readers and click on 'Invite'.
5. Add a NOINDEX Metatag : Login at Blogger.com and click on Layout link on Dahsboard. Then click on Edit Html subtab of Template tab. Copy and paste the code below :
<meta content="'FOLLOW,NOINDEX'" name="'robots'/">
below the <head> tag at the top of the template. Save Template. This tag instructs Google not to index your blog and it will not appear in it's search results page. The 'Follow' directive instructs Google spiders to follow the links in your blog to other sites. If you do not want them to do that use 'NOFOLLOW' instead.
6. Do not Submit Blog to Search engines or Directories : If your blog link appears on the Internet it may be picked up by search engine spiders. Hence do not promote your blog.
7. Remove from Profile : Login at Blogger.com and click on 'Edit Profile' link on Dashboard. Under Privacy heading click on 'Select blogs to display'. Remove the blog you want to keep private. Save.
8. For FTP blogs : Contact your hosting provider to find out how you can restrict access to your site.
9. Disable Pings : Go to Settings----->Publishing and set Send Pings to 'No' and Save Settings. Now blog update notification services that many individuals and services use to track blog changes will not be informed whenever you update your blog.
NOTE : You can only make your whole blog private. In Blogger you cannot make individual posts within a blog private. If you want to create private posts make a separate private blog for them.